Thursday, December 2, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Well, we just got back from the Galapagos today and I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that we had an awesome trip: a five-day cruise through the southern islands that included a lot of boating, wildlife, and snorkeling. The bad news however is that I returned to find my suitcase and laptop stolen out of my room. (A couple of other NILIs lost stuff too, so we'll see what happens.) That was really frustrating at first, but I've been trying to stay positive about it. I lost a lot on my computer but at least I won't have a crippling addiction to it when I get home.

I can hardly believe I'm already flying back on Saturday! My flight leaves Quito super early that morning, and after another layover in Houston I'll get to Seattle that evening. (And I'll get back to the island on Sunday night.) I'm definitely ready to return and it will be really nice to have a 5-6 week winter break at home. I've loved spending this much time traveling, but at the same time I have increasingly missed my home, family, Lauren (my girlfriend), and all my other friends. Anyway, I'll wrap up this blog and write about our trip to Guayaquil and the Galapagos when I get back to the US. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment